SparkAction is an online journalism and advocacy center by and for the child and youth field. Through our site and e-newsletters, we work to:
– Connect concerned adults and young people—whether they’re new to the issues or already activists—to compelling stories, context and accurate information on children’s issues, as well as tools to take action, from volunteering to advocating for better policies and programs.
– Help child- and youth-focused organizations effectively reach a broad audience (the public, professional peers, and policymakers) with their content and materials.
– Elevate the voices and perspectives of young people themselves.
– Break down silos in the broad child and youth field and strengthen connections among organizations and agencies to create a stronger, unified voice for children and youth.
– SparkAction gives visitors stories, information and tools to learn about a range of issues and to take action to improve policies and programs, and, ultimately, the fabric of our nation as a whole.
Tips & Tricks
- SparkAction.org A searchable, comprehensive site housing: original and reprinted feature articles, and Youth Voices content offering a first-hand take on the issues links to organizations and their content, instant action alerts and tools to make a difference in your community or across the nation, and a state section to help visitors make local connections and get involved in their hometown.
- The Update A biweekly e-newsletter that: gathers and contextualizes the latest news, research, emerging trends and policy developments affecting children, youth, families and communities, is designed to operate in tandem with the Youth Policy Action Center alerts.